Thursday, April 14, 2016

Montenegro in talks with low cost airline


The Montenegrin government says it is in talks with a low cost airline over the introduction of new flights from Italy and Germany. It adds that an agreement with the yet-to-be-named carrier is to be signed soon. This summer, easyJet launched operations to Montenegro, with its first route from Manchester to Tivat, which will be followed up by a new service from London Gatwick on June 16. On the other hand, Ryanair continues to maintain its flights from Charleroi and London Stansted to Podgorica. Last year, Wizz Air confirmed to EX-YU Aviation News it was in talks over future flights to Montenegro. "We can confirm talks with Montenegro. However, airport costs are a problem and we have been dragged into long negotiations", Wizz CEO, Joseph Varadi, said at the time. In late 2014, Predrag Jelušić, the Montenegrin State Secretary for Tourism, said, “I believe we are very close to reaching a deal with Wizz Air to launch flights from Montenegro to Germany and Poland”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

EX-YU Aviation News does not tolerate insults, excessive swearing, racist, homophobic or any other chauvinist remarks or provocative posts with the intention of creating further arguments. A full list of comment guidelines can be found here. Thank you for your cooperation.