Montenegro Airlines privatisation
Strategic partner soon

By October 1 the government of Montenegro will prepare its national airline, Montenegro Airlines, for privatisation. It has been planned that 30% of the airline will be sold while the remaining 70% would stay in the government’s control. The expected cost of the 30% is at 38.5 million Euros with the cost of each share at 17.7 Euros. Currently, only the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) is interested in the purchase, which is not surprising since air carriers usually purchase another only if they are the majority owners. The government has furthermore created a strategic plan for Montenegro Airlines’ development, although the government has been delaying this plan for months due to the changes in management in the airline. The new part owners will inherit new aircraft orders as well as an older Fokker fleet and a promising destination network. It will also inherit an impending law suit against the airline after its incident a few years ago at Podgorica Airport.