Swiss boosts Sarajevo winter flights


Swiss International Air Lines will increase frequencies between Zurich and Sarajevo this coming winter season, which begins on October 27 and runs until March 29, 2025. The Swiss carrier will maintain five weekly flights between the two cities for the majority of the winter, up from three weekly last winter. Five weekly rotations are planned for all months with exception to January when they will run four times per week (from January 13 until February 3), which also represents an increase from the two weekly rotations during the same period over the previous winter season. All flights are currently scheduled to be operated by Helvetic Airways on Swiss’ behalf. A total of 56% of services will be maintained by the 110-seat Embraer E190 E2 aircraft and the remaining 44% with the 134-seat E195 E2. Changes, especially with planned equipment, remains possible.


  1. Anonymous10:43

    Only ZAG remains without LX flights.

    1. Anonymous11:45

      and SKP.

    2. Anonymous11:49

      Edelweiss more or less is Swiss with a different paint scheme. Regarding ZAG, I guess the Lufthansa Group is granting OU some space to breathe amid other opportunities and fleet shortages.

    3. Anonymous13:18

      Zagreb is much closer to Switzerland than the rest of region excluding Slovenia. So it is easy to go with a car as well.

  2. Anonymous11:11

    Bravo Sarajevo!!!

  3. Anonymous12:22

    Sarajevo needs the Basel EuroAIrport desperately, everyone is profiting off the lack of LCC routes to SW Germany and Switzerland


Post a Comment

EX-YU Aviation News does not tolerate insults, excessive swearing, racist, homophobic or any other chauvinist remarks or provocative posts with the intention of creating further arguments. A full list of comment guidelines can be found here. Thank you for your cooperation.